Re: [Xen-users] booting debian/stretch as EFI guest on Xen 4.9.0 host -- ​\EFI\debian\grubx64.efi "not recognized"?

On 10/17/17 8:38 AM, Robert McNicol wrote:
Sorry, to answer your question more fully, I just define the image as a CDROM and then run. I
don’t mess with grub... but then I also don’t use a bootloader for ANY of my
machines. I boot directly to the kernel from EFI or I boot direct to XEN from EFI. So after
install I have to mess with the EFI parameters to boot the machine directly, but booting the
install image just works.

On host, I used to boot directly as well. Now, I do use grub2. It works quite reliably -- on my OpenSUSE host (simply have not tried any OTHER host for a couple of years now).

That said, I *do* still 'mess' with the EFI params -- just in case grub/xen/etc temporarily loses its mind (again).

As for booting the guest 'directly' ... how are you modifying the TianoCore/ovmf EFI boot params? Modifying your image with a hardcoded NvVars? adding a startup.nsh? other?