Re: [Xen-users] Not good performance on Xen

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 17:18 +0200, Berillions wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I remarked something between Xen and Bare Metal.
> - During the test #2 (Syria) i have slowdown on Xen. But not on BM.
> - During the test #3 (Geothermal Valley), there are missing texture
> on Xen and not on BM
>
> To have early the same perf, no slowdown and missing texture, i must
> to set 8 vcpus to the Guest

Ah, interesting! So if the guest has 16 vCPUs, perf is bad, if it has 8
perf is good, is this correct?

Could you, perhaps, execute, on the host, while the benchmark is
running, the following command:

# xl vcpu-list

in both cases (i.e., one time when the guest has 16 vCPUs, and another
when it has 8)?

Also, still while running the benchmark, can you run `xentop' (still on
the host), let it run for a few seconds, check how much CPU % both the
guest and the host are consuming, and repot it here?

Regards,
Dario