Re: [Xen-users] Not good performance on Xen

On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 10:48 +0800, Kun Cheng wrote:
> Could you try pin dom0's vcpus after entering Dom0 with cmds (root
> privilege maybe required):
>
> xl vcpu-pin 0 all 0-5 0-5
>
> (change the number and range accordingly if you Dom0's VCPU
> configuration is other than 6)
>
> It sets Dom0's all(i.e. 6) VCPUs to core 0-5 with both hard and soft
> CPU affinity (which means those VCPUs won't be migrated to other
> cores
> during load balancing).

If you don't want dom0's vCPUs to be run anywhere outside of pCPUs 0-5,
setting hard affinity is enough, like this:

# xl vcpu-pin 0 all 0-5

or:

# xl vcpu-pin 0 all 0-5 all

Setting both hard and soft affinity to the same set of pCPUs is
useless, and, if anything, only causes more overhead, so just don't do
that.

Regards,
Dario