[Xen-users] Data corruption after migration

Recently, I encountered file system data corruption on several systems
after a migration (ext4, xfs, zfs). So far, I haven't been able to nail
down the cause for it.

All VMs affected run Debian Jessie with 3.16 kernel. Possibly newer 3.16
kernels are more likely to suffer corruption.

This happened on a Xen 4.1 cluster (yes, really old) using a SAN storage
system, but also on a Xen 4.8 cluster with DRBD mirroring. All systems
are working for >>1 year now, only recently those filesystem corruption
started to happen. Data blocks seem to get randomly garbled.

Migration of Debian Stretch or Windows VMs didn't show any anomalies so far.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards,

Andreas