Re: [Xen-users] Xen ballooning problem.

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 01:28:22PM +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello.
> Is it true that "Xen ballooning" has some problems? For example, when it
> dedicate memory to VMs then it can't release it and back it to the host and
> it is a reason for migrate from Xen to KVM.
>
> Thank you.

I have found a few combinations of xen/kernel which don't work well but
otherwise I find it works for my case.
Currently xen 4.9.1, 4.1.47 dom0 kernel, mix of Ubuntu 16.04 4.4 and 4.14
kernels in pv guests.  I use the tmem
module to automatically balloon the guest up/down as memory pressure changes.

James