Re: [Xen-users] The problem of max number of PV guests in ubuntu host

On 01/31/2018 05:16 AM, zhiyong ye wrote:
> Hi,
>      What I want to do is concurrent running 64 paravirtualized guests on
> one physical machine and I can successful deploy 30 PV guests. But I'm
> experiencing problems when trying to deploy more than 30 PV guests. No
> error appear in console and no relevant messages in logs I found. I'm sure
> there are enough resources but DomU dies immediately after create.
>
> Follow xl-guest log:
>
>> Waiting for domain ubuntu-pv-60 (domid 55) to die [pid 11873]
>> Domain 55 has shut down, reason code 3 0x3
>> Action for shutdown reason code 3 is destroy
>> Domain 55 needs to be cleaned up: destroying the domain
>> Done. Exiting now
>

> Each guest config is the same as follow:

That can't be true because you can't have identical names for a guest. So I'm
going to assume you're incrementing the number on both the name and the
disk.

>> name = "ubuntu-pv-1"
>> bootloader = "pygrub"
>> memory = 256
>> vcpus = 1
>> vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
>> disk = [ 'file:/home/ye/ubuntu-pv/ubuntu-pv-1/ubuntu-pv-1.img,xvda,rw' ]
>> pci_permissive = 1
>

>  I'm running in Ubuntu 14 using Xen-4.6. I have tested in other machine
> using the same environment but encountering the same problem.

Have you attempted any process of elimination to isolate the issue? There are 7
lines in that config file, 4 of which can reasonably be changed or
removed.

--Sarah