From: Julien Grall
Sent: 08 June 2018 13:49
To: Iain Hunter; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Raspberry Pi

On 08/06/18 13:16, Iain Hunter wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> Could someone confirm that there is no support for raspberry pi in Xen?

> I found a mail from Ian Campbell that original Pi used a custom

> interrupt handler on the Broadcom device that did not match Xen

> implementation. Is this still the case for Pi3 and its A53s?

Yes. The RPI 3 is still using the Broadcom interrupt controller. It does

not have virtualization extension provided and not based on the GIC

specification.

Do you have any requirement to use RPI? If not, I would recommend

platform such as Pine64, they are cheap and have similar spec as the Pi3.

Cheers,

--

Julien Grall