Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

I am CCing Andre and Stefano. They might be able to help boot Xen on the Orange Pi PC2.

Cheers,

On 08/06/18 14:04, Iain Hunter wrote:
Hi Julien,

I actually need 64 bit kernel on A53. I tried Orange Pi PC2 but found a K4.14 u-boot and Linux painful with a lack of documentation and forum activity to search . Raspberry Pi gave me the documentation to get it up and running natively.

So, I’ll go back to the Orange Pi.

Thanks for the advice,

Iain

*From: *Julien Grall <mailto:julien.grall@xxxxxxx>
*Sent: *08 June 2018 13:49
*To: *Iain Hunter <mailto:drhunter95@xxxxxxxxx>; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject: *Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Raspberry Pi

On 08/06/18 13:16, Iain Hunter wrote:

 > Hi,

Hello,

 > Could someone confirm that there is no support for raspberry pi in Xen?

 > I found a mail from Ian Campbell that original Pi used a custom

 > interrupt handler on the Broadcom device that did not match Xen

 > implementation. Is this still the case for Pi3 and its A53s?

Yes. The RPI 3 is still using the Broadcom interrupt controller. It does

not have virtualization extension provided and not based on the GIC

specification.

Do you have any requirement to use RPI? If not, I would recommend

platform such as Pine64, they are cheap and have similar spec as the Pi3.

Cheers,

--

Julien Grall

--