Re: [Xen-users] NUMA nodes and cpu layout

On Fri, 2018-06-15 at 00:19 +0200, Stefan Kadow wrote:
> When booting the default Debian kernel, the command "numactl --
> hardware"
> returns the following:
> available: 8 nodes (0-7)
> node 0 cpus: 0 1 2 3 32 33 34 35
> node 0 size: 0 MB
> node 0 free: 0 MB
> node 1 cpus: 4 5 6 7 36 37 38 39
> node 1 size: 32170 MB
> node 1 free: 31758 MB
> node 2 cpus: 8 9 10 11 40 41 42 43
> node 2 size: 0 MB
> node 2 free: 0 MB

> I want pools of 8 cpus each, but which cpus should be combined for
> optimal performance?
>
> Solution 1) from numactl
> cpus="0-3,32-35"
>
> Solution 2) from xl cpupool-numa-split
> cpus="0-7"

What George said. Check also the output of `xl info -n', hopefully that
will clarify things a bit (on how Xen sees things).

On a not so related note, you seem, at least according to numactl, to
have nodes with no RAM, is that correct/done on-purpose?

Regards,
Dario