Re: [Xen-users] How can PV be slower than PVHVM?

Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 15:22:22 CET schrieb Tomas Mozes:
> My system is a barebone gentoo xen 4.10 Dom0 and multiple gentoo PV
> DomUs in PV mode - and now I'm confused...
>
> Especially compiling anything on Gentoo with PVHVM is a solid boost-up
> compared to PV.
hmm,

this sounds to me a bit if a suboptimal vCPU setup / Gentoo build environment
is used in PV.

i do a lot of compiling on source based distros like Gentoo, *BSDs etc. and i
hate all the full VM stuff from VMware, KVM/QEMU etc. because it is
significantly slower - especially under any others / parallel VMs load on the
metal. So i'm wondering too....ß)

But did not tried PVHVM yet byself.

Could someone explain this deeper?

just my .02$