Re: [Xen-users] How to build Mini-OS for ARM

Hi Denis,

On 06/06/2019 11:04, Denis Obrezkov wrote:
You are right, I again forgot to change the size of the image in the device tree and used the size of a Image.gz.
When I changed it to the Image's size it started to work.
I think I want to automate it and pass the script to u-boot with automatically calculated size.
If you are interested, I wrote a U-boot script for the Foundation Model [1]. I think it could be easily adapted for QEMU.

IIRC, in your configuration, files are already loaded in memory. So you would not be able to find out the size easily from U-boot. However, you could generate the u-boot script everytime before booting QEMU. So the size match your Image.

Alternatively, you can use tftp to download your images (this may be your preferred way for the BB-X15). When you do that, U-boot will store the size of the file download in hex in $filesize. I vaguely remember some issue with this variable because, depending on your U-boot configuration, the variable value or may not start 0x.

Could you propose what I should do next? I get to the point when Dom0 crashes when trying to mount rootfs because I don't provide it.
Should I investigate how other interrupt controllers are supported in xen?

This would be a good start. Feel free to ask any question if you have any doubt on the code.

I would recommend to use the branch staging for all the investigations.

Cheers,

[1] https://pastebin.com/fJwapFbY

--
Julien Grall