Re: [Xen-users] How to build Mini-OS for ARM

I have a bit of troubles with ramdisk.

I tried to build busybox and to load it, and it worked.

But when I try to boot it this way:
qemu-system-aarch64  -machine virt,gic_version=3 -machine virtualization=true -cpu cortex-a57 -machine type=virt -m 4096 -smp 4 -bios u-boot.bin -device loader,file=xen,force-raw=on,addr=0x49000000 -device loader,file=Image.gz,addr=0x47000000 -device loader,file=virt-gicv3.dtb,addr=0x44000000 -device loader,file=rootfs.img.gz,addr=0x42000000 -nographic -no-reboot -chardev socket,id=qemu-monitor,host=localhost,port=7777,server,nowait,telnet -mon qemu-monitor,mode=readline

and pass:

fdt addr 0x44000000
fdt resize

fdt set /chosen \#address-cells <1>
fdt set /chosen \#size-cells <1>

fdt mknod /chosen module@0
fdt set /chosen/module@0 compatible "xen,linux-zimage" "xen,multiboot-module"
fdt set /chosen/module@0 reg <0x47000000 0x7F31CE>
fdt set /chosen/module@0 bootargs "rw root=/dev/ram rdinit=/sbin/init   earlyprintk=serial,ttyAMA0 console=ttyAMA0,115200n8 earlycon=xenboot"
fdt mknod /chosen module@1
fdt set /chosen/module@1 compatible "xen,linux-initrd" "xen,multiboot-module"
fdt set /chosen/module@1 reg <0x42000000 0x121e65>

booti 0x49000000 - 0x44000000

I can see that it successfully boots till the very end but the input prompt doesn't appear. The last lines are:
[    3.415854]   No soundcards found.
[    3.417458] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[    3.496941] Freeing unused kernel memory: 1344K
[    3.505723] Run /sbin/init as init process

What should I pass as a parameter to the kernel?

чт, 6 июн. 2019 г. в 12:29, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>:
Hi Denis,

On 06/06/2019 11:04, Denis Obrezkov wrote:
> You are right, I again forgot to change the size of the image in the device tree
> and used the size of a Image.gz.
> When I changed it to the Image's size it started to work.
> I think I want to automate it and pass the script to u-boot with automatically
> calculated size.
If you are interested, I wrote a U-boot script for the Foundation Model [1]. I
think it could be easily adapted for QEMU.

IIRC, in your configuration, files are already loaded in memory. So you would
not be able to find out the size easily from U-boot. However, you could generate
the u-boot script everytime before booting QEMU. So the size match your Image.

Alternatively, you can use tftp to download your images (this may be your
preferred way for the BB-X15). When you do that, U-boot will store the size of
the file download in hex in $filesize. I vaguely remember some issue with this
variable because, depending on your U-boot configuration, the variable value or
may not start 0x.

> Could you propose what I should do next? I get to the point when Dom0 crashes
> when trying to mount rootfs because I don't provide it.
> Should I investigate how other interrupt controllers are supported in xen?

This would be a good start. Feel free to ask any question if you have any doubt
on the code.

I would recommend to use the branch staging for all the investigations.

Cheers,

[1] https://pastebin.com/fJwapFbY

--
Julien Grall