Re: [Xen-users] qcow2 and Xen

What is the guest OS? Also Debian 10? With the 4.19 kernel in Debian 10,
you can use grub2 in combination with PVH.

it is Debian 10. But do you think that pygrub is the reason why the machine is not booting? After all, it works very well
when starting it as a raw image.

You need the grub-xen-host package on the dom0, and in the domU you need
the grub-xen package. No actual grub install / boot sector etc is
needed, only the config file (remember, it's PVH, not HVM).

I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

Is there a specific reason you're using xvda1, xvda2 instead of just
xvda, xvdb?

Thats the way xen-tools created them. I do not know if this is a default setting or a change made by the admin before me.

Yours sincerely
Stefan