Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen on RaspberryPi-3-B

Hi,

On 7/21/19 1:14 AM, André Przywara wrote:
On 20/07/2019 17:39, Julien Grall wrote:

Hi,

On 7/20/19 4:39 AM, Rajagopal Aravindan wrote:
Hello Julien,

Appreciate your reply, thanks.

  > Instead I would recommend to look at the new RPI4.
Sure, will give it a look-in.

  >It contains a GIC and the port should be easier.
Does that mean Xen won't run straight away and some porting needs to
be done ?

Not much needed on the Xen side, I got away with a small patch for the
UART. Using CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=8250,0xfe215040,2 should give you some
output even without it:
https://pastebin.com/uZqQ2XPm

I was about to say that we don't deal with page-aligned base address at the moment. But it looks like it works, however I think I need to rethink my "head.S rework" series as I assumed the earlyprink base address is always page-aligned.

Also, because the address is not page-aligned, I guess this means a page may hold multiple devices. So I think we would need to blacklist anything in that page or proxy it in Xen.

You need to have some more decent firmware than what is shipped, though.

Do you have a link to a more decent one? :)

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall