Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot time optimization

Hi

On 10/03/2020 15:05, Subhasree P V wrote:
Sorry for the inconvenience Julien. I have top posted by mistake.Will continue in the same thread.Thanks for your patience and help.

Please read this [1].

I have used the Linux-dom0 and xen which was provided in the odroid wiki.It has support for the board.I don't think it is out of support kernel because I was able to boot Dom0 and domu in odroid-xu4.I have added bootargs in boot.ini by modifying it.but when I try to set earlycon, I couldn't see it defined anywhere in linux dom0 that I'm using currently.I have downloaded another Dom0 kernel and I was able to found earlycon in it.but not sure if it has support for odroid-xu4.

Booting a kernel does not mean a community will support it.

By wiki, I guess you are referring to [2]. If so, this is a kernel provided by the Odroid community (or a member of).

I am afraid, I am not going to support this. For new development, my recommendation is to use newer (or LTS) kernel as they get bug/security fixes.

If you want support on this specific kernel then please contact the Odroid community.

Cheers,

Thanks & Regards
Subhasree

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting