Re: Newbie fails booting: "Xen is relinquishing VGA console"

On 2020-07-26 10:55 p.m., Bernd Bausch wrote:
Well, I solved that problem. It was, of course, entirely due to operator error. The short story is that I use a spare laptop with a dead display to which I connect an HDMI monitor. However, in the UEFI and BIOS parameters the laptop's built-in display was configured as the "boot display" device.

There might have been other factors, since that problem didn't manifest itself when booting non-Xen'ed Debian, but I won't investigate that and am happy now after switching to BIOS and selecting HDMI as the boot display.

All other suggestions that Pierre-Philipp made are, for the moment, a bit over my head, but I have an environment now that enables me to learn.

Thanks!