Re: Requesting Xen community's feedback on unikernelized driver domains

Hi George,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will post it to xen-devel mailing list.

We are working on preparing a blog post. I will let you know when we publish it.

Regards,
Mehrab

On Monday, March 21, 2022, 08:50:55 AM EDT, George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 2:38 AM tosher 1 <akm2tosher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This email is to request Xen community's feedback on our work on implementing
> Xen’s driver domains using the unikernel virtual machine model (as opposed to
> using general-purpose OSs like Linux) to reduce the attack surface, among
> other benefits. The effort, called Kite, has implemented driver domains for
> network and storage PV drivers using NetBSD’s rumprun unikernel.
>
> Details of the work are available in a paper that will soon appear at the
> 2022 ACM European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys’22), available
> here: https://www.ssrg.ece.vt. edu/papers/eurosys22.pdf
>
> Kite’s source code is available at: https://github.com/ssrg- vt/kite/.
>
> We would love to hear the community’s thoughts and feedback.

Looks like a great idea!  If you're looking for technical feedback, or want to
discuss trying to integrate this with the larger Xen project somehow, then
posting this to xen-devel might be a better venue.

Would anyone be interested in writing up a blog post to put on
blog.xenproject.org?  (Or, do you already have a blog post elsewhere we can
link to?)

 -George