Re: Mirage/kFreeBSD on GitHub

On 4 Aug 2012, at 19:44, Robert N. M. Watson wrote:

> You can use "show uma" and "show malloc" to show kernel UMA and malloc
> statistics, which include both allocation counts and net outstanding
> allocations.

BTW, I'm not sure what tolerance OCaml has for allocation failures at lower
levels, but you might consider using M_NOWAIT instead of M_WAITOK and simply
returning a failure when memory is exhausted. This doesn't necessarily help you
-- if you are out of memory, not a lot of work can be done in the system, but
at least you could print a message, panic(), or similar, giving an easier to
identify failure mode.

Robert