Re: Opam installation woes

On 7 Aug 2012, at 23:34, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2012, at 17:04, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
>> ...Jon, any chance you could get a local install of OPAM running to fix
>> this, as I don't have a Linux box handy until Friday.  The procedure is:
>>
>> $ <fork github.com/mirage/opam-repository>
>> $ rm -rf ~/.opam
>> $ cd your/opam-repo
>> $ opam init -kind rsync default .
>>
>> At this point, you can make changes in opam-repo, run "opam update" and see
>> them reflected immediately.
>>
>> $ <Fix the re and uri packages to add the configure doc disale as described
>> by Thomas below.>
>> $ <pull request to opam-repository>
>
> (fwiw i've just done this in my fork of opam-repo-dev, and sent a pull req.
> jon, by all means give this a go if you haven't fixed it yourself already...)

All merged to opam-repo-dev. Btw, I don't seem to get notification of pull
requests to Mirage organisation repos, so feel free to push directly to
mirage/opam-repo-dev if it fixes your problem.

I think it's high time we setup a little continuous build VM.  Thomas, is there
an easy way to iterate through every package and attempt a compilation? I could
do a big 'opam install `opam list`'-style command, but something that has
reasonable logging for failures would be useful.