Re: Opam installation woes

Yes, I've only been using it on MacOS X so far, where the /usr/local on
Homebrew is indeed user-writeable.

Jon, any chance you could get a local install of OPAM running to fix this, as I
don't have a Linux box handy until Friday.  The procedure is:

$ <fork github.com/mirage/opam-repository>
$ rm -rf ~/.opam
$ cd your/opam-repo
$ opam init -kind rsync default .

At this point, you can make changes in opam-repo, run "opam update" and see
them reflected immediately.

$ <Fix the re and uri packages to add the configure doc disale as described by
Thomas below.>
$ <pull request to opam-repository>

We really need a Jenkins setup to try all the combination of compilers and
backends, as the Xen one has no doubt had some minor bitrot in the past few
changesets.  To maintain your Xen compiler, I think you pass "opam --debug" to
preserve the state.  You can modify the compiler descriptions (in
opam-repo/compiler) in the same way.

-anil(packing to leave)