Re: Net.Manager

sorry replied too late to the first mail. Ok tell me when the code is ready for the tap case to see the resulting API and we can see then how we can fit something in a more modular way.Â

On 27 March 2013 11:32, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27 Mar 2013, at 11:25, Vincent Bernardoff <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27/03/2013 11:22, Vincent Bernardoff wrote:
>> For your work, the best would probably to create an ocaml library (like
>> ocaml-tuntap) but devoted to attach real network interfaces (using your
>> code for Mac and raw ethernet socket for Linux -- which I could do).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vincent
>
> I mean, I could create this library if you need the functionality for Linux (it would not be much work normally). It was just very confusing to mix the TAP things with the frame sniffing things in the same file with nearly identical names (plug vs attach).

Yeah, separating these concerns definitely makes sense. ÂIt's also a portability maze, so small libraries make it easier to put the platform-hacks in.

Charalampos Rotsos
PhD student
The University of Cambridge
Computer Laboratory