Re: Cryptokit.Random unsuitable in cooperative multithreaded systems

From the archives:

-anil

On 23 Apr 2013, at 15:39, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For Mirage, we need to extract out the C functions (mainly for SHA) separately from the zlib bindings, and port the ones we want in mirage-platform/xen/runtime.  I would drop the zlib bindings until we get a chance to implement them in OCaml (about a day's work).  It's also not essential to have zlib in our libraries at present, except for SSH compression (which is optional).  SHA, however, is used in a lot of places.

zlib is heavily used in Git, so that could be quite good to have a pure zlib implementation as well. I might look into that then ...

Thomas