Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage 1.1.0 pull req

On 5 Feb 2014, at 18:02, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave and I bravely wrestled with Git today

the bards will still sing of your names years hence!

> to rebase the Mirage 1.1 branch and send a mega unified pull request upstream:
>
> https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/pull/1655

out of curiosity, is there a rationale for naming (e.g. mirage-http vs simply
tcpip)?

> This passes Travis (except for a few minor problems on OCaml 3.12.1),

we're still aiming to support 3.12.1 (and 4.00.1) then?

> so I'm just going through the checklist for what else we need to do to push
> 1.1.x out the door:
> - port some of balraj's iperf examples to give him a template to work from
> (with 2 vifs <-> localhost)
> - merge in mirage-skeleton to new scheme

i will have a PR for mirage-skeleton ready soon (maybe this evening). have been
working through trying to organise & update the samples as well as incorporate
the extra ones from fosdem. i'll see if i can get balraj's examples in there
too.

> Regarding mirage-skeleton, should we merge mirage-skeleton and
> mirage/lib_test?  They seem to have broadly the same content, and it's useful
> to have just one repo.  Mort, you had a FOSDEM branch, so your thoughts
> welcome here.

i wondered about this putting the demo together. my own feeling is that they
should be separate though there's lots of overlap for now. lib_test == unit
tests which are definitely not the same thing as skeleton, which i think of as
idiomatic/best-practice samples as a starting point for other development. i'd
expect that lib_test should get more detailed and more complex test and
regression cases that grow as time passes. skeleton probably stays relatively
small and gets the cruft trimmed out over time.

--
Cheers,

R.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you
are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the