Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage 1.1.0 pull req

On 9 Feb 2014, at 19:00, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2014, at 18:24, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 9 Feb 2014, at 18:17, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> ack; it might be useful to write down (or collate) the assumptions we're
>>> making about package dependencies to check that we're coherent. i'm having
>>> problems at the moment trying to go from a clean opam install on xen to
>>> even being able to "mirage configure" my website -- there seem to be some
>>> weird package version incompatibilities. (eg., if mirage-types.1.0.0 is
>>> installed, the configure step downgrades to 0.5.0; but if mirage-types is
>>> not installed at all, it seems to install 1.1.0.)
>>
>> Be sure to `opam update -u` before attempting a compilation, as that will
>> give you the latest package sets and upgrade all relevant packages.
>>
>> The "opam install" that is invoked by the unikernel build won't upgrade
>> everything, hence the problems you're seeing.  If it persists after an
>> upgrade, we have a constraint problem.
>
> this was after a "rm -rf ~/.opam" etc -- trying again from clean.

In that case, can you reproduce on Travis from a clean installation?  That'd
greatly help debug it.

>>> ack. i need to make sure the PR for my fixes to the generation of
>>> make-fatN-image.sh has been merged too...
>>
>> Woops, I did not merge that.  Doing so now, and I'll slip the 1.1.0 tag
>> again then.
>
> :)
>
>> Is there a example of using this in mirage-skeleton?
>
> no not fixed the website or storage examples yet. currently focused on
> finally getting my website working on xen (it works on unix currently) so i
> can make it live.

Ack.  I'd like to make a 'mir-homepage' binary that converts a directory right
into a EC2-bootable (i.e. pvgrub) block device, so I'm planning on looking at
it later this week.