From: Amir Chaudhry [amc79@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 7:54 AM
To: Russell Pavlicek; Lars Kurth
Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Anil Madhavapeddy
Subject: Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage OS releases and XenProject.org

On 21 Feb 2014, at 10:13, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2014, at 10:11, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Good point -- will do for future releases!
>>>
>>> -anil
>>>
>> Or we can re-label the 1.0 release 1.x ... As far as I understand OPAM picks
>> up the latest versions anyway.
>> Lar
>
> That's right -- although older versions can still be installed by manually
> picking the right version number.  We're likely to release a point release
> 1.1.1 shortly as well, so it could just be 1.1.x to signify that the user
> should just get the latest point release via OPAM.

My inclination is to stick with 1.x.x.  It makes the most sense for now (e.g.
the getting started instructions would be different and it's unhelpful to users
to maintain both).

Since I don't have edit access [1], Russell, Lars, are you able to make the
following changes the text on the following page:
http://xenproject.org/downloads/mirage-os-archives/mirage-os-10.html

Title: Mirage 1.x.x  (URL can stay as it is)

MirageOS v1.0 consists of a set of libraries -> MirageOS v1.x.x consists of a
set of libraries

look at the [Mirage Introduction] on -> look at the [Mirage Docs][2] on

and what the libraries enable you to do. -> and what the libraries enable you
to do. You should also read the announcement post for the [original 1.0
release][3], which provides useful background.

[1] I asked before but apparently the downloads part of the CMS is awkward so I
can't do this myself (c.f email from Lars on 5 Dec @ 2230-ish)

[2] link should be http://openmirage.org/docs/

[3] link should be http://openmirage.org/blog/announcing-mirage10

I hope that all makes sense.