Re: [MirageOS-devel] OCaml Labs meeting - Wed 21st May in the Computer Lab

Le vendredi, 25 avril 2014 Ã 18:20, Richard Mortier a Ãcrit :
> also, out of curiosity, what's the (ocamllabs) recommended ocaml build
> system? oasis or something else? (daniel's recent shell script?)

Note, my former shell script which is now an extensively documented ocaml
script is *not* a build system, it's a *package builder*: a declarative script
you write for your package that has the effect of invoking a selection of
targets in the build system of a distributed package according to an explicit
build environment (e.g. depopt specs) passed on the command line. It's not
supposed to be invoked by humans but by machines through package systems (e.g.
opam).

The idea is to make a clear distinction between building and installing and
leaving installation to a third party tool (e.g. opam) rather than implement an
install procedure in your build system. Another goal is to avoid having machine
generated build systems (i.e. configure-like steps) and/or meta-tools that
isolate you from your build system (e.g. oasis).

See https://github.com/dbuenzli/topkg for more information.

Best,

Daniel