Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage ARM port

On 29 Apr 2014, at 15:28, Andy Ray <andy.ray@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am close to a few patches for the ocaml ports package (which the
> maintainer has agreed to help push upstream) so there should even be a
> binary package for ocaml fairly soon.

I did notice one serious breakage in the FreeBSD OCaml port that should
be fixed as well.  The OPT_DEF replaces the bytecode compilers with the
nativecode versions, thus breaking all dynlinking (e.g. for camlp4).

# Do we want .opt version of tools to be the default ?
.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MOPT_DEF}
. for module in ${MODOPT}
#       First, we save bytecode version
        ${MV} ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin/${module}
${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin/${module}.byte

#       Next make .opt version be the default one (via link)
        ${LN} ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin/${module}.opt
${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin/${module}
        @${ECHO_CMD} "bin/${module}.byte" >> ${TMPPLIST}
        @${ECHO_CMD} "@exec ${LN} %D/${module}.opt %D/${module}" >> ${TMPPLIST}
. endfor
.endif

This will basically never work for anything that uses camlp4, so
I can't see how it can possibly be the default in FreeBSD and not
have a bunch of other build breakages...