Re: [MirageOS-devel] papers on immutable storage

cc/ the Mirage list as the list of pointers can be interested to other.

Some talks to understand weak consistency models:
- consistency models vs. baseball games:
http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2013/12/169945-replicated-data-consistency-explained-through-baseball/abstract
- basho, immutability changes everything: http://vimeo.com/52831373

(a very short list) of related papers to branch consistency:
- bayou: http://zoo.cs.yale.edu/classes/cs422/2013/bib/terry95managing.pdf
- cloud type: http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=163842
(and other papers of Burckhard around the fork/join model)

To understand what values are created when a new entry is added: look at
radix/prefix/suffix trie (or tries) papers
- http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~stevenha/visualization/suffixtree.html#
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix_tree
Basically every block in a normal heap is translated to a new file (in the Git
backend at least).

Best,
Thomas