Re: [MirageOS-devel] [ANN] IPv6 on Mirage!

On 20 Nov 2014, at 14:52, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would be useful to know what the problems with using a switch were.
> It would make packaging the TLS stuff easier if we didn't need e.g.
> separate gmp.unix/gmp.xen, ctypes.unix/ctypes.xen, etc packages, when
> the only difference between them is the platform they're compiled for.
>
> Could the mirage tool manage switches for us?

i wondered about that. i guess it might drive opam appropriately (tracking
packages between switches, making sure things updated, etc?) though it might be
rather confusing to find that a compilation over here changed the compiler
switch (and thus available packages) over there. i've found this with opam
packages like merlin for example... (i forget which switch i'm in and suddenly
merlin stops working...)

perhaps there's a need to be able to install a package globally (as i believe
npm allows for node, at least).

--
Cheers,

R.