Re: [MirageOS-devel] Jitsu release plan for NSDI

  • To: "mirageos-devel" <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Magnus Skjegstad <magnus@xxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:26:33 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:26:41 +0000
> On 22 Apr 2015, at 11:59, Magnus Skjegstad <magnus@xxxxx> wrote:
> I think the easiest solution "for now" is to add gARP support in Jitsu
> so that the MAC addresses of booting unikernels are advertised in
> advance. The gARP should ideally be sent from Synjitsu though to not
> confuse the switch, so we should probably move the code there later.

I have implemented a prototype of this as "garpjitsu" here [1] and
submitted a PR to synjitsu [2]. The code starts a conduit vchan_direct
server to listen for connections from Jitsu. When it receives a mac/ip
pair it will send a gratuitous ARP.

I have also added support to Jitsu to notify synjitsu every time a new
unikernel is booted. The new parameter --synjitsu=[domain name/uuid] can
be used to enable this.

1. https://github.com/MagnusS/garpjitsu
2. https://github.com/samoht/synjitsu/pull/1

Magnus