Re: [MirageOS-devel] Getting started documentation issues

On 4 May 2015 at 19:13, Robert Ream <robertream@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As noted in another thread, for some reason I had problems with Vivid so I
> went back to Trusty and got it working... but I'm new to this project.

That's one of the things I'd like to fix, or at least make it easy to
see whether it's working.

Along with the mentioned Puppet module I'm writing a set of acceptance
tests. These can be set to run periodically, or just be run manually.
They will spin up a virtual machine, run the Puppet code (to install
mirage), build a unix unikernel, build a xen unikernel, run the unix
unikernel and assert that all of that worked (ie. no errors) and that
the unikernel works (probably a simple http server). If you wanted to
run a shell script instead of run Puppet you should be able to drop
that in easily enough.

I have this partially working with Trusty now. Once I've got that
actually working I'll ship it and probably work on verifying Vivid
support.

Gareth

> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Justin Cormack
> <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 4 May 2015 at 15:10, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > This one's out of date.  I maintain a manual set of PPAs that cover
>> > Ubuntu up to Vivid.  Perhaps we should add a date to the entry to
>> > make it clear when it was last updated!
>>
>> Vivid seems to work fine out of the box with the upstream packages.
>>
>> Justin

Gareth Rushgrove
@garethr

devopsweekly.com