Re: [MirageOS-devel] Getting started documentation issues

On 4 May 2015, at 11:28, Gareth Rushgrove <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4 May 2015 at 19:13, Robert Ream <robertream@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As noted in another thread, for some reason I had problems with Vivid so I
>> went back to Trusty and got it working... but I'm new to this project.
>>

> That's one of the things I'd like to fix, or at least make it easy to
> see whether it's working.
>
> Along with the mentioned Puppet module I'm writing a set of acceptance
> tests. These can be set to run periodically, or just be run manually.
> They will spin up a virtual machine, run the Puppet code (to install
> mirage), build a unix unikernel, build a xen unikernel, run the unix
> unikernel and assert that all of that worked (ie. no errors) and that
> the unikernel works (probably a simple http server). If you wanted to
> run a shell script instead of run Puppet you should be able to drop
> that in easily enough.
>
> I have this partially working with Trusty now. Once I've got that
> actually working I'll ship it and probably work on verifying Vivid
> support.

Sounds like exactly what we need to get some acceptance tests in for
release testing. Is there a standard Puppet module used for the virtual
machine spinup (i.e. does it use libxl, or xm, or something else
for Xen?).  Should be able to set this up on one of our Bytemark
hosted machines in order to be triggered from a GitHub push.

Anil