Re: [MirageOS-devel] Getting started documentation issues

Awsome! Being a longtime practitioner of XP style development by day, automated testing is second nature so as I was going through all the installation steps, and some of them broke, I was thinking "why couldn't this be automated into a development and releaseÂbuildÂtestÂprocess...". I haven't used Puppet before but I can imagine a shell, python, or even OCaml script might be more compatible with the common tools of the Mirage OS project? I'd happy to help add more test cases after you ship the first draft.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Gareth Rushgrove <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4 May 2015 at 19:13, Robert Ream <robertream@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As noted in another thread, for some reason I had problems with Vivid so I
> went back to Trusty and got it working... but I'm new to this project.

That's one of the things I'd like to fix, or at least make it easy to
see whether it's working.

Along with the mentioned Puppet module I'm writing a set of acceptance
tests. These can be set to run periodically, or just be run manually.
They will spin up a virtual machine, run the Puppet code (to install
mirage), build a unix unikernel, build a xen unikernel, run the unix
unikernel and assert that all of that worked (ie. no errors) and that
the unikernel works (probably a simple http server). If you wanted to
run a shell script instead of run Puppet you should be able to drop
that in easily enough.

I have this partially working with Trusty now. Once I've got that
actually working I'll ship it and probably work on verifying Vivid
support.

Gareth