Re: [MirageOS-devel] Any way to get caml4p to run on ARM (cubietruck)?

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 05:13:46PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 20 May 2015, at 16:46, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately the segmentation fault remains, but now on `server.ml`.
>
> I saw these sorts of segmentation faults due to bad memory on one of my
> first Cubieboards.  If you can find the command line involved (by passing
> -classic-display to the ocamlbuild command) and run that under `gdb`,
> it would be good to see how deterministic the crash is.  Removing camlp4
> may just be masking the physical memory error by simply allocating less.

That's a bit worrying! :(

When running the `camlp4` invocation manually I only get an "Out of
memory".  I'm not sure how to run `camlp4` under `gdb`; `camlp4`
itself isn't an executable and the `camlp4*.opt` all report that they
"Error: don't know what to do with str.cma".

/M

email: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx   jabber: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx