Re: [MirageOS-devel] Any way to get caml4p to run on ARM (cubietruck)?

On 20 May 2015 at 17:46, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 05:13:46PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>> On 20 May 2015, at 16:46, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Unfortunately the segmentation fault remains, but now on `server.ml`.
>>
>> I saw these sorts of segmentation faults due to bad memory on one of my
>> first Cubieboards.  If you can find the command line involved (by passing
>> -classic-display to the ocamlbuild command) and run that under `gdb`,
>> it would be good to see how deterministic the crash is.  Removing camlp4
>> may just be masking the physical memory error by simply allocating less.
>
> That's a bit worrying! :(
>
> When running the `camlp4` invocation manually I only get an "Out of
> memory".  I'm not sure how to run `camlp4` under `gdb`; `camlp4`
> itself isn't an executable and the `camlp4*.opt` all report that they
> "Error: don't know what to do with str.cma".

Might be worth running memtester or similar.

(there's also an "mtest" command in U-Boot, but I think our build
doesn't enable it)

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA