Re: [MirageOS-devel] Beginner logging project and GSoC

On 19 February 2016 at 14:38, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [changed the subject line]
>
> Hi Vasilis,
>
> I believe the thread youâre referring to is
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2016-01/msg00036.html
>  (tell me if Iâm mistaken).
>
> In that thread Thomas Leonard said...
>
>> If anyone wants some really easy (but useful!) getting started tasks,
>> I've added a pioneer project to find libraries using printf and update
>> them to use Logs:
>>
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects#logging
>
> â and there was a follow up in
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2016-01/msg00049.html
>
> Thomas, I assume youâre still happy to mentor that project?

Yes. However, adding logging is intended as an easy getting-started
project. I'm not sure this is enough for a GSoC project. You might
want to get more familiar with Mirage first, and then pick something
more ambitious...

> Vasilis, weâre currently applying (through Xen Project) to be a mentoring
> organisation for GSoC this year.  The Google programme administrators will
> review those applications over the coming two weeks.  If accepted, our
> Pioneer Projects [1] will then also be available through GSoC 2016.
>
> You can find information on the GSoC timeline at:
> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
>
> Also, itâs helpful to reply to the original email thread, where possible,
> since the additional context makes it easier to answer questions. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Amir
>
> [1] https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects
>
>> On 16 Feb 2016, at 21:16, Vasilis Goumas <bgoumas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I had sent a mail to the list for a beginner project, roughly 1 month ago.
>> The one recommended to me was the improvement of the logging system.
>>
>>  I was wondering whether it would be possible to work on that,  or on an
>> other similar ( beginner level ) project as part of the GSoC project. Is
>> there a draft list for the intended projects?

Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA