Re: [MirageOS-devel] Dependencies for project built on Mirage

On 21 February 2016 at 15:53, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  foreign
>>    ~packages:[
>>        "irmin", ["irmin.mem"];
>>        "tls", ["tls.mirage"];
>>     ]
>>    "Unikernel.Main" ...
>>
>> Then it's obvious which OPAM package provides each library and it's
>> harder for them to get out of sync.
>
> That's a good idea. Could even be an optional argument as most of the time
> the opam package and findlib library have the same names.

Hm. Several libraries have multiple parts though.

Also are we going to make it clear that we're mandating only libraries
expressed as OPAM packages can be used with Mirage?

(I like the idea of making the link between the package and the
library clearer in the common case though.)

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx