Re: [MirageOS-devel] removal of deprecated config in mirage 3.0 (mirage configure --unix/--xen, add_to_opam_packages, add_to_libraries)

On 07/20/2016 03:20 PM, Drup wrote:

To be a bit clearer:

- `--unix` and `--xen` are independent on `get_mode`, so the decision to keep them or not is independent. - I introduced them only in order to keep backward compat. I realized when introducing the alias stuff that it was actually fine, hence no need to deprecate them (I simply removed usage in skeleton/www, to encourage -t). They were deprecated in an earlier (alpha) version of functoria, which is probably why you were a bit confused.

I agree with Daniel that it would be be best to remove them, as it's never good to have many ways to do something. I'll let you decide if it's worth the breakage.
I think we've already done a lot of the work we need to do to deprecate this, and anything that makes mirage easier to understand is a net good.

I'll submit a PR to remove Alias entirely from Functoria.

-Mindy