Re: [MirageOS-devel] Raspberry Pi 3 installation

  • To: Eugene Bagdasaryan <eb693@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:42:40 +0100
  • Cc: "mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 11:42:48 +0000
On 10 Oct 2016, at 04:20, Eugene Bagdasaryan <eb693@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the response! I understood that RPi is the worst case for
> virtualization. They lack GIC and KVM doesn’t support it.
> What hardware would you suggest to try? Does Pine 64 suits for Xen
> installation? And is there still some kind of guide for this?

This is in general an excellent question when it comes to ARM hardware.  We
seem to have a shifting environment of hardware availability and Xen support
(which has to be carefully matched with the Linux kernel version used).

Is anyone aware of an upstream Xen/ARM support page, or do we need to start our
own?  Perhaps we could all record what setup we are using for our ARM machines
if nothing exists, to kickstart a broader upstream page.

regards,
Anil