Re: [MirageOS-devel] Building ARM images

  • To: Richard Mortier <richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 18:43:42 +0000
  • Cc: mirageos-devel <MirageOS-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 18:43:55 +0000
On 3 Nov 2016, at 16:47, Richard Mortier <richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All;
>
> Following the demise of the Cubieboard2 and Cubietruck images hosted at
> blobs.openmirage.org, and Ian Campbell's sterling work to get Alpine images
> started at the hackathon, I've finally taken some time to try and
> reinvigorate `mirage/xen-arm-builder`.
>
> Travis finally went green, so I've just merged the results -- it would be
> great if someone were able to give them a try!
>
> The instructions in the README.md at
> https://github.com/mirage/xen-arm-builder/ are meant to be reasonably
> complete, to get to the stage of having an SD card image built that will boot
> either a Cubieboard2 or Cubietruck into Alpine, with scripts provided in the
> image that will then install Xen with Alpine as the dom0 and build either
> Debian or Alpine domU images.
>
> If someone who owns blobs.openmirage.org (avsm?) would like I can provide
> some new images to host there to replace the old, defunct ones.

Thanks Mort.  I've opened up https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/652 to
help me keep track of the various infrastructure tasks coming up in the next
few weeks for me, and included this in it.

If anyone has a chance to try this on a Scaleway ARM machine, that'd be
helpful...

Anil