Re: [MirageOS-devel] change of pkg config path

On 13 November 2016 at 17:52, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello,
>
> mato noted while porting mirage-solo5 to topkg [0], that pkg-config
> files are currently installed into opam/lib/pkgconfig, but they rather
> belong into opam/share/pkgconfig (and there seems to be no way to
> install into foreign lib dirs with topkg/install files).

What's the reasoning behind share vs lib?

In traditional unix, lib is for arch-specific files and share is for
the rest (and pkg-config by default searches both). It's not very
clear to me whether opam is trying to follow this scheme (since it
uses different switches for different archs anyway), but it would be
good to document why the new place is correct.

--
talex5 (GitHub/Twitter)        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: 5DD5 8D70 899C 454A 966D  6A51 7513 3C8F 94F6 E0CC