Re: [MirageOS-devel] putting stuff on the mirage.io blog

  • To: Mindy Preston <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:06:44 +0000
  • Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:06:50 +0000
On 17 Nov 2016, at 15:55, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/17/2016 09:47 AM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the update Thomas; I've converted your notes below into a
>> mirage.io blog post so it's easier to reference to users; edits welcome on :
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/pull/500
> I really like the idea of shorter, more frequent blog posts!  A lot of
> announcements we make here would be great over there too.  Thanks for doing
> this, avsm!
>
> Relatedly, if anyone is curious about writing something for the Mirage blog,
> please feel free to post on the list or, if that seems like a bit much,
> contact me :) I'd love to see more content (especially short content,
> especially user stories) there.

I also acknowledge that it's a royal pain to build mirage-www locally right
now, so I am working on making it a more lightweight unikernel (by staging the
HTML generation) as part of the MirageOS3 release efforts.  More on that when I
have a working patch :)

In the meanwhile, feel free to use PRs against mirage-www as a quick way to
test that your blog post builds.

regards,
Anil