Re: [MirageOS-devel] Many-core ARMv8, Mirage & Networking

Hi Anil & Dan,
I did some experimentation with the Packet.net over the weekend to try and get myself a repeatable/shareable development environment for solo5. This environment is on the smallest instance type they have (Intel - baremetal_0), but the same structure should be re-usable for the 96 core ARMv8.

I can compile and run kvm+solo5 unikernels using this setup and also make small changes to target the 96 core ARM monster. This avoids the pain of cross-compilation toolchains. Of course the ARM build fails early in the compilation, but that in itself was instructive.

Let me know if this is a mis-directed Yak-shave or could possibly be useful. I’ve only seen Dan’s development, would be interesting to see what Mato & WeiChen use.

I’m assuming that Wei Chen was busy over Chinese New Year - any recent news?

Thanks,
Chris