Re: [MirageOS-devel] opam pin mirage and opam repo add solo5-dev

On March 29, 2018 10:44 PM, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ​​
>
> On 29/03/2018 14:02, Adam Steen wrote:
>
> > opam pin add mirage https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config
> >
> > mirage is now git-pinned to
> > https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config
> >
> > [mirage] https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config updated
> >
> > [mirage] Installing new package description from
> > https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config
> >
> > mirage needs to be installed.
> >
> > Your request can't be satisfied:
> >
> > -   mirage.dev~solo5 is not available because the package is pinned to
> > https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config, version dev~solo5.
>
> ok, maybe a`opam pin add mirage.dev~solo5
> https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config` ? i.e. specify the
>
> version number of mirage explicitly..
>
> I'm not entirely sure how opam behaves in such a setting (IIUC, on
>
> OpenBSD you still don't use any external solver).
>
> hannes
>
> MirageOS-devel mailing list
>
> MirageOS-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good Morning Hannes

Just wanted to update, after installing aspcud (i need to submit a patch) I was
able to get the solution to resolve and your mirage branch ld-pkg-config works.

I now have a pie or pic linking problem i need to investigate.

Cheers
Adam

ps aspud has only recently been able to compile on OpenBSD, OpenBSD added a
missing function.
pps I hope to communicate with Anil to get it added as part of the opam install
(only got it working this morning)