Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage unikernels and network setup

I reinstalled the debian package containing the xen scripts, without effect.

However I realized that the network setting I had in the unikernel .xl
(vif = [ 'bridge=br0' ]) was different from the one I had in the linux
VMs (vif = ['ip=...']).

So I changed the unikernel network setting in the .xl file to:

vif = [ 'ip=10.0.42.20, mac=00:16:3e:01:23:45' ]

and now xen is creating a single interface for the unikernel (instead of
two) just like for the linux VMs. Also, after creating the unikernel,
the interface is displayed as UP in "ip a":

14: vif9.0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master
br0 state UP group default qlen 32
    link/ether fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet6 fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 scope link tentative
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

and its state is "forwarding" in "brctl showstp br0":

vif9.0 (3)
 port id           8003              state                forwarding
 designated root   8000.feffffffffff path cost                100
 designated bridge 8000.feffffffffff message age timer          0.00
 designated port   8003              forward delay timer       10.00
 designated cost      0              hold timer                 0.00
 flags

This looks better, but I still can't connect to the unikernel (I get the
same error "no route to host"), and after a while the vif interface
becomes DOWN in "ip a" and in state "disabled" in "brctl showstp br0"...