Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of June 10

On mar, 2013-06-25 at 10:48 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> You (and anybody who is interested) can certainly have a look at it,
> just skip the multi-queue paragraph.

Looked at it, and I think it's nice. Here's some comments.

---
First 2 sentences: "As many of you might have (inevitably) noticed, Xen
frontend / backend network drivers in Linux suffered from regression
several months back. Fortunately thatâs now fixed and the back-porting
process to stable kernels is on-going"

would it be possible to have some context? Even just a couple of
hyperlink to e-mail discussions and commit-ids would do.
---
"Split event channels: [...] This work is now upstreamed."

Again, commit-id, hyperlinked to some gitweb would be nice.
---
"Affinity of FE / BE on the same NUMA node: [...] Then toolstack,
scheduler can co-schedule the desired frontend and backend on the same
NUMA node."

I'd put it like this: "Then the Xen scheduler, with some help from the
toolstack, can make sure that the vCPU in Dom0 where the backend runs is
kept on the same NUMA node of the vCPUs of the DomU (where the frontend
runs), for improved locality and, hence, performance."
---
You finally might want to super-briefly mention that this has been
discussed in Dublin and, again, link to the related xen-devel thread.
---

That being said, I'd aim at publishing this on Friday. If you could get
all the approvals for the missing part and/or for adding in the graphs
(or whatever else you have pending) by then, well, that would be
wonderful. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Dario