Re: [Publicity] Blog post: OSSTest Standalone Mode Step by Step

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 02:17:03PM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:34:04PM +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > Wei,
> >
> > thanks. I will leave it to others to comment. Would you be willing to put
> > together a wiki page based on the post and post to xen-devel? I had a
>
> Yes, sure.
>
> > conversation with IanC at LinuxCon about the lack of people using OSS Test.
> > I believe the two main reasons for the lack of pick-up so far are:
> > a) It is unclear how to build OSS Test into the dev routine (this post +
> > wiki should address this)
>
> I think it can address part of the problem, but not all of it. There're
> still lots of details I'm not able to go into in a single post.
>
> The sole purpose of this post is to help people bootstrap using OSSTest.
> Once they're en route they're pretty much on their own and everything
> boils down to "read the source code".

It does detract from the Xen RT which long-term ought to be used (IMHO).

As it has a ton of features that can help in making Xen and Linux
work fantasticly well  - and catch not only bootup/bug regressions
but also performance regressions.