Re: Xen 4.16 release plans

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 05:18:44PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Hi.  The Xen 4.16 release is in good shape.  I hope to be able to
> release early next week.
>
> Ideally, I would like to release on the 30th of November.
>
> Is there any reason that would be a bad idea ?  If this seems OK, can
> you make the ncessary arrangements ?
>
> I believe Roger (who is standing in for George as Community Manager)
> is drafting a blog post.  He also has a draft patch to our in-tree
> CHANGELOG which lists all of the changes.

Blog post draft has been posted for review to publicity@.

It's missing the following bits:
 * Review from the LF media team.
 * Fill 'Community Initiative Updates': already contacted
   Bertrand from Arm and Oliver from Vates for input.
 * Fill 'Community Quotes': I was expecting the LF to do that, as I
   don't have the contacts of the people that made previous quotes.
   The list for the previous release was: AMD, Citrix, EPAM, SUSE,
   Vates, Xilinx. ARM seems to be interested also, and we should try
   EWS. We should provide them with a mostly finished blog post in
   order for them to comment, which requires the 'Community Initiative
   Updates' to be completed.
 * Social media promotion once published: to be done by LF. Not sure
   there are any preparations to be done.

I think that's all of what I had in mind, will update if anything
else comes up.

Roger.