Re: [Wg-test-framework] question from Don Slutz

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: question from Don Slutz"):
> Paul L. George writes ("question from Don Slutz"):
> > What domain name to use?
>
> Everything (including the public-facing names) should be under:
>     test-lab.xenproject.org
> I have control of the DNS and can make the relevant entries.
>
> To avoid a split view DNS we should have an internal subdomain which
> contains the names/addresses of the internal hosts.  I suggest:
>     i.test-lab.xenproject.org

FYI I have spoken to community members and colleagues and we have
decided on the following machine naming scheme:

 * The two main servers will be called newcastle and gateshead.
   That is, there should be DNS names
        newcastle.test-lab.xenproject.org
        gateshead.test-lab.xenproject.org
   and
        newcastle.i.test-lab.xenproject.org
        gateshead.i.test-lab.xenproject.org

 * The VMs should be named after their function

 * Test boxes will be named after grape varieties, in pairs.
   I have updated the selections.ods spreadsheet with a list.

Please see
 http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/iwj/colo-for-testing.git;a=tree
for updated versions of
 installation-plan/setup-info.xls    (spreadsheet from Don)
 plumbing.txt                        (my diagram)
 selections.ods                      (test machine list)

Thanks,