[Wg-test-framework] Huxelrebe BIOS serial redirection

Hi Paul,

This is related to the Hexulrebe serial redirect, correct? I've
hopefully therefore set an appropriate subject.

AIUI the issue here is purely with the BIOS serial redirect. Which is
needed in order to access to the BIOS configuration for remote setup. Is
that correct?

The physical ports and wiring in the colo have been shown to be working
e.g. for bootloader and/or OS output. Is that correct?

Having discussed this briefly with Ian last week I think we concluded
that it would be tolerable (although not ideal) if access to the BIOS
configuration screens had to be via AMT or SoL so long as the physical
serial port remains available for use by the OS.

It's not clear to me from the documentation if that is the case though,
or if enabling AMT/SoL some how swallows the physical serial.

I think it would be worth configuring AMT and checking that you can:

        a) access the BIOS configuration screens via AMT and SoL
-and-
        b) that a Debian install is still able to use the physical
        serial console.

If the answer to both of those is yes then I think we should be able to
live with it.

What we don't want is for Debian's attempts to use the serial to go out
of AMT/SoL.

Ian.